Getting My Tonsils Out

When I was in first grade I had a hard time with my health. I missed a great deal of school during first grade year. I don’t remember missing much school though. But I do remember being told that I needed to have my tonsils out and going to the hospital. I am not sure if it really was a hospital or not. It was in Spanish Fork at about 500 North 150 West. It did not seem like a hospital. The thing that I do remember the most about the whole thing was that after it was all over and I was home recuperating Grandpa Leifson came by and brought me a my very own pineapple milkshake. This was something that was very unique. First to have grandpa pay that much attention to me was really nice and then to have my very own milkshake was totally cool. I don’t think that I had ever heard of a pineapple shake and to have my own was tremendous. I also recall that mom made me some homemade popsicles, cool aid in an ice cube tray with a toothpick in it. A six year olds dream comes true.

0 comments: